In order to maintain the group’s transparency and improve the processes that govern it, on November 8, 2019, a Hunters’ Editorial Board (CEC by its Spanish acronym) was formed with a scope of action on cazadoresdefakenews.info and the social networks of @cazamosfakenews.
To elect the CEC, the same forum made the nomination of some members and the election was done through direct vote. The 8 members of the CEC serve as a global representation of the editorial decisions of Cazadores de News.
As of this date, the verification process applied by Cazadores de Fake News is summarized as follows:
- Any member of the Cazadores Forum may submit fake news about Venezuela or Venezuelans, investigate, gather arguments and organize them to disprove the information in question.
- Subsequently, the results of each investigation are submitted to the CEC and the analysis of the available evidence will proceed, if the case is unanimously approved.
- All members of the CEC have the right to veto the analysis, classification and publication of any case brought to the forum.
- The CEC will approve by simple majority -with the participation of 7 of the 8 members- the evidence of each case studied. If a simple majority is not reached, further evidence must be sought.
- The information investigated within the Hunters Forum will be published on the web and social networks following the categories agreed so far: “True”, “False”, “Deceitful”, “Clarifying” or “Unverifiable”.
- The information published on the website and social networks of Cazadores de Fake News will be indexed in the “Hunter’s List” including the origin of the information -in the cases that it applies-.
- In the case of detecting the recidivism of a source of dissemination of the false news, if it has been mentioned more than 5 times in the “Hunters List”, it will be cited in the denial of the news along with an explicit note saying that it is a source that “misinforms”. In order to make this classification, the vote among the members of the CEC must be unanimous.
- All comments made in the Hunter’s Forum will be considered as personal interventions of each of its members and in no case as joint statements of Fake News Hunter’s.
- The official spokesperson of Cazadores de Fake News will be under the responsibility of Kárlah Eloísa Acosta.
- The official statements of Cazadores de Fake News will be made public only and exclusively through the social networks of @cazamosfakenews (including the Telegram channel) and cazadoresdefakenews.info and it will be understood that these publications are supported by the participants of the Cazadores Forum through their representation in the CEC.